Saturday, May 3, 2008

Race Eve

Tomorrow morning is Marathon #3. I am using the exact same race plan that I used last year, and hopefully the weather will be a bit more cooperative. The forcast calls for a cold morning, but it should warm a bit as the days moves along. No rain, and hopefully not much wind. Last year was windy and rainy.

I have tempered my expectations for this year. I had big plans, but those went by the wayside when all the problems we had earlier in the year. The goal tomorrow is to finish in less time than I ran Kansas City, and if I can break last year's Lincoln time (6:00:02), woo hoo! Not sure I can, but I'll give it the old college try.

I'm coming into this marathon in pretty good shape. No pulled muscles or the like. I am a bit heavy, and I have a nagging, deep blister on the balls of my left foot. I ran the Mayor's Run (1 Mile) with David this morning and finished in 9:29. Huge congestion problems and stopped to pick up a couple of little kids who had fallen. But, this is a highly popular, and congested, kids race, so I was not looking for a good time. I also didn't want to push too hard because of the race tomorrow.

Woo Hoo!

No comments: