Thursday, November 1, 2007

Brief Update

Just a few administrative items.

My right gastroc is a bit damaged and my little toe looks fairly gruesome, but everything else seems to be recovering nicely. The throbbing pains have given way to dull aches, and most of the dull aches have subsided to mere discomfort. Still fat, though. I had hoped that most of it would fall off as I ran.

I looked at some race recovery info at one of my favorite websites, and their info was good - but NOT their timetable. They suggest a "reverse taper" approach (slowly restarting running in the same way that I tapered my running at the end to let myself heal), which is a great idea. But, they would have had me running the first week! Nope, not a chance. I'm still to sore overall. I'll take at least two full weeks, maybe more, before I start running again.

The marathon pictures are ready to order. I've seen the proofs and some of them are very good! I'll discuss them later.

I lost a hubbcap in Kansas City! Left front. The freeways were a bit screwy downtown (well marked, but lots of interchanges) and Jen didn't want to drive, so I had to drive home after running the marathon. Ouch! Anyway, I hit a large pothole and it knocked off my lovely hubcap. Oh well.

No comments: