Sunday, November 25, 2007

LA Marathon?

I received an online ad for the LA Marathon (March 2, 2008) and I'm thinking about it!

The race is 14 weeks away, so I can certainly be ready in time. The issue is whether I can recover from that race in time to run the Lincoln Marathon 9 weeks later (May 4, 2008). I needed almost a full month to heal from my first and second marathons, but hopefully a lighter me would recover a bit quicker.

The Lincoln Marathon is my priority. It was my first marthon, is the "hometown" marathon, and it doesn't cost much. Low entry fee, no hotel bills or transportation costs, etc. The fact that the course is flat and fast, and the route goes past my house, are all huge plusses.

LA would require transpo, but both my mom and Jennifer's mom live in Southern Cal, so we would not have to pay hotel costs. I don't have to register right away, so I'll see how things go and make a decision in December or January.

No comments: