Friday, August 3, 2007

July in Review

July's analysis is simple. Running was horrible, weight lifting was excellent.

I missed the first 9 days of the month due to vacation, 2 days because I gave blood, about a week when I crashed into the cement and banged my knee hard, and about a week to bronchitis. That, my friends, is most of the month. I ran 3 whole times for a whopping 19.6 miles.

Weight lifting went better than expected. I was still able to lift weights with my knee banged up and I pushed through the bronchitis. I lifted weights 12 times in the last 22 days of the month. Just about all of these were heavy lifts and heavy abs, and it felt great! My bench is back above 225, leg press was at 850 lbs, and today I did lat presses at over 190 lbs (the picture of me in the top right corner was taken at 156 lbs, which at the time was near my max.) So, I'm making progress. Diet piece and sleep are ok. Not great, but better than last time.

The good news is that my next marathon is 80 days away. In my last marathon, I completed 288.3 miles in the last 80 days. I'm looking forward to over 300 this time. It will be hard because of Heather's upcoming wedding, but we don't have weather issues this time around (I run in the heat and the rain, and we don't have snow or ice storms in Aug or Sept). Woo Hoo.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I beg to differ on the sleep issue - your sleep habits are terrible!!!

Kurt P. Leffler said...

How would you know? Just because we sleep in the same bed.....