Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday, Feb 24

Ran 11.4 mi in 2:27:55 (147:55). Cold drizzle the entire way (40F with wet breeze, WC at 32F). Run felt great! Same route as I used last Saturday (Feb 17), and cut off 27:47!! (Didn't have to run through snow this time).

The route begins with the first 7 miles of the 8.5 route, but instead of leaving the trail at 48th and running up the hill home, I stay on the trail to 56th and cut up to Pioneers, where I join my 3.3 mile route.

Splits were very good, at least in the first half. Ran the first mile in 9:14, and hit the 2.6 mile mark at 29:40 (new personal best by 1:20). Reached the trail merge at the zoo (5.1 mi) at 60:50 (new personal best by :08). I then started slowing again, and took almost 42 minutes to run the next 2.6 miles. Was able to pick up the pace a bit and finish the remaining 3.7 miles in 45 minute (I had a .9 mile down hill and a .55 mile flat, which helped considerably. Died near the end. I was completely spent.

I'm not exactly sure where the 10 mile mark was, but would have hit it around the 2 hour mark, which is the minimum for the 10 miler next month.

No workout Thursday or Friday. Super busy on Thursday and had to stop by the office after class, so I didn't get home until after 22:30. Also problems with foster kids. Went to the Temple on Friday night. The rest was probably good for my back and left knee, albeit I didn't hit my weekly mileage mark.

No comments: