Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Big Weekend Down, Big Weekend to Go

Spent the last week before my next marathon reffing a martial arts tournament in Minneapolis, MN. Great tournament. I officiated, among other things, at least 20 adult Black Belt fights.

While I had a great weekend, it was also a tough weekend. I worked all night Wednesday night to get ready for court on Thursday morning. I then went home after my hearing and slept a bit, but got back up and started working again. My car had mechanical problems so I was getting it fixed Thursday afternoon instead of running, but I arrived at my class in time to teach. After my class, I went back to work and worked until 5:30 am Friday morning, went to bed and slept, then got up and drove to Minneapolis (about 7.5 hours), arriving about 10:00 pm. Then went to dinner, crawled into bed after midnight, then got up early to be in my ring by 9:00 am.

After a day of officiating, I returned to our good friend's house where I was staying, napped for an hour and a half, then went back to the Arena for the finals. Got home around 11:00, and was far too tired to run. I then slept as long as I could and drove back to Nebraska on Sunday.

Not exactly the last-weekend-before-the-marathon I was planning, as I did't run Thursday through Sunday. Solid rain all day Monday so I lifted but did not run, and I finally was able to run this morning.

I planned on running a 8.5 mi, but my working caused me to shorten the run to a 3.3 mi. I ran the route in reverse again, and my time was a bit stinky (34:52). However, I was so sore from the weekend that I'm glad I didn't injure myself.

Cold run, so I was wearing sweats (top and bottom). Legs were very sore and tired from the weekend, as was the rest of me, and my entire body was "out of whack." Started strong and did the little "loop-de-loop" first at 3:07. Great time, as my standard is 3:15. I reached the first major split (the same one I use when I run the 8.5 mi) in 12:31, which would have been a 9:24 had I not run the loop first. Slowed a bit on the hwy 2 trail, reaching the split at 18:55. Went up the hill in 10:59, which is just a bit slower than the 10:47 I ran the hill, going down hill, last week during my 5.5. Also last week, I ran that segment as a down hill at 9:09. Anyway, finished the last segment in 4:54. Had I ran the loop last, I would have finished the segment in about 8:15, which would have been faster than the 8:17 I ran that segment last week at the start of my 3.3.

Anyway, not a great time. But, considering how I was feeling, not bad.

Lifted weights on Monday. A moderate lift, but went well. I have one more lift scheduled before the Marathon.

No comments: