Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lifted, but scrubbed run

I scrubbed today's run because my right knee is bruised and pretty sore from last night's fall. Fortunately, I was able to roll out of the fall, or I would have splatted hard on the cement and the damage would be worse. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

Heavy lift again today. I planned to work legs, but because of my knee I changed to biceps, chest, and abs. Did 440 crunches (30 reps x 2 for my basic 6, plus 20 X 2 each for my 2 oblique sets), flys, pec deck, numerous curls (dumb bell, bar bell, and cables), lats, etc. Arms are quite sore - feels great!

If my knee is ok, I'll lift early am and run in the late afternoon. If the knee is still sore, I'll sub out the leg/lower back lifting (again), and see how it goes. I'm not adverse to scrubbing the run again, as the marathon is only three months away and I'll need every bit of that time to prepare. 2-3 weeks of down time to heal from an injury would not be good now, especially since I'll lose 1-2 weeks from Heather's wedding and I officiate a martial arts tournament in early Oct.

No comments: