Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vacation Over

Last day of my vacation, but hit the weights and ran.

Jen dropped me off at the Y, and the plan was to lift and then run home.

Heavy lifted at the Y, starting with bench pressing and doing shoulders and triceps. Then ran home along the Rock Island and then Hwy 2 trails.

I haven't run in a week and a half, so I decided to make it an easy run. Part of the trail was closed (surprise!), which forced me through a residential neighborhood. I am unsure of the precise total distance, but my Nike Plus recorded the distance at 5.6 miles.

Things went well until around the 4 mile mark, where I fell hard after tripping on an uneven slab of cement that was sticking up. The time was around 10:10 pm and it was quite dark outside, and I was zoning out listening to my IPod and thinking about the upcoming week so I didn't see the problem. Skinned my right knee and right elbow, but fortunately I immediately went into a roll, so my injuries were minor. My knee is a bit swollen so I might not run tomorrow. We'll see how things look when I awake.

No comments: