Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good 8.5!

Ran my 8.5 mi circuit on Apr 22. I am excited about my performance because I have improved substantially. Not quite where I was this time last year, but I'm improving.

I ran the circuit in 103:35. The last time I ran this route was March 13, and I finished in 117:50. So, I reduced my time by 14:15. Woo Hoo! Not my fastest time, but not bad, either.

A quick walk down history lane. This is the 32nd time I ran this route, ranging back to 2006. Tuesday's time was my 6th fastest time.

Breaking down the route, I finished the first segment in 9:52, and reached the Hwy 2 -Rock Island merge in 29:35. Not a great time, but a solid time. I reached the Zoo merge in 58:06, so I completed the Rock Island segment in 28:29. My goal is to reach the merge, which is about 5.1 miles, in under an hour, and the more time I cut the happier I am.

I then walked the portion of the Billy Wolff trail next to the zoo for safty reasons, which I always do when running at night because the path is very uneven for about .3 miles. I was able to get in stride fairly quickly after walking almost 6 minutes, but that walking hurts my time. The distance from the Zoo merge to the Billy Wolff/48th St merge is only about 1.9 mi, but it took 25:55 to complete the distance.

My time up the hill was 19:34, which is not bad. I would like to get it under 18, but I won't be able to do that until my next marathon sequence.

Anyway, I was pleased with my effort, and enjoyed a fine run!

No comments: