Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Reno Runs

2008 is turning out to be quite the year! My aunt Louise died in a wrongful death matter, so I drove out to Reno (1400 mi one way) to assist the fam. So far this year, my only sibing died in January and I had a solid case of bronchitis in February.

Anyway, I was determined to run, and I learned from a park ranger that the city had a nice bike and running path along the Truckee river through the middle of town. So, I ran a 9+ miler on Saturday and an approx 8.5 on Monday. I took this self-portrait near a lovely down town park area at the conclusion of my first run.

The path is, for the most part, not as nice as the paths here in Lincoln (thin asphalt with numerous cracks, mounds and the like,many caused by tree routes) but the scenery is fantasic in many places.

The Saturday run was a bit of a pain as the route was not completed as advertised. I ended up getting partially lost while trying to navigate my way through several detours, and finally called it quits and went back to the start. Monday was great, and I may have gone longer than the 8.5 I calculated. Doesn't matter. I had two nice runs and only two blisters! Woo Hoo!

No comments: