Friday, April 27, 2007

Beat Monday's 8.5 Time!

I ran my 8.5 mi route on Thursday morning and improved upon Monday's time. On Monday, I ran a best time (in many years) of 97:56, which beat my previous best by almost 6 minutes. On Thursday, I ran a 93:58, which beats Monday's time by 3:58 and bests my long standing goal of running 8.5 mi in under 1:35. Double Woo Hoo.

After running Monday I took Tuesday off (trial all day). The plan was to lift weights Wednesday morning and then run Wednesday night. I was feeling great Wed morning and my weight lifting became a "heavy" lift where I pounded the weights and my abs (or, more accurately, the flabby materials which currently substitute for my abs). The weather was crappy Wed night (rain, heavy winds, lightning) so I crawled into bed around 1830 (6:30 pm) for a nap. I woke up around 2300 (11:00 pm), then went back to sleep and didn't wake up until almost 0500 (5:00 am). I jumped out of bed and ran, and my long sleep may be the reason I ran a good (for me) time.

I have trial all day today and will try to lift weights this afternoon. Tomorrow is my birthday so I'll treat myself to a nice run in the morning, and then try not to eat so much that I gain back all the weight I lost.

I reached another milestone in Thursday's run, in that I surpassed my mileage total for 2006. Last year I went 321.55 miles in just over six months. So far this year, I have run 326.28 miles in not quite 4 months. As I noted last time, I am still behind my mileage goal (quite substantially), but we're still plugging away.

No comments: