Friday, April 13, 2007

Working on pacing

I have continued my "pacing" experiments I noted in my last entry. I ran a 7.2 mi on the 11th, using the treadmill to assist me with my pacing problems. After a 5 minute warm-up (which is not included in my mileage), I ran two miles at a 6 mph pace. I then reduced to a 5 mph pace, then walked the next two miles at a 4.0 pace. I then ran a mile at the 6.0 pace, then did a brief cool-down to get to 7.2 miles. Because of the way the treadmills are set, there was a brief stop at the one hour point where I had to reset the machine. It makes you wait for a few seconds before you can reprogram it, so I was down for probably a minute or so in the middle of the run.

Overall, I feel pretty good. The blisters are gone, and I feel a bit worn because I had only 1.25 hours of sleep on Wednesday night due to a trial on Thursday. This should be my last "big run" week (I'm doing another 20+ miler on Saturday), as the Marathon is only three weeks away and I go into a wind-down and heal mode.

No comments: