Monday, June 4, 2007

Update

I'm pretty well healed from the my first marathon. I tried to resume running a bit too early, and my shins and right knee let me know! I started running an 8.5 miler just over a couple of weeks after the marathon, and I started out at my fastest time ever for this route. I finished the first mile in just over 9 minutes, and hit the trail merge (about 5.1 miles or so) far faster than my best time. Just after the six mile mark, however, my shins and right knee began to ache, and I was forced into walking several portions of the last 2 miles. However, I was so far ahead of schedule that I still finished in my 3rd best time: 1:39:53. I then took more time off. I did a 5 mile jog walk on May 26 (2.5 miles with my three youngest, and then my 7 year old and I jog walked an additional 2.5), and then ran a 1.25 with David on the 2nd. We had to walk a bit, but we finished in just over 13 minutes, which was (in my mind) a great time for a 7 year old. I am most healed (I think) and beging training for the Kansas City Marathon in the morning. I'll discuss that in a separate entry.

No comments: