Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Diadora's Work Well!

I bought a pair of Diadora's a couple of weeks ago. Wonderful shoes! According to the gentleman who showed me the shoes, Runner's World rated them highly, but noted they are hard to find. I picked them primarily because they are last year's model and were on sale at half price. These are not motion control like my Nike's and they are not quite as well padded, but they are lighter and springier. Overall, great shoes! My Nike's are still in good shape, but they took a real beating in my Marathon in May. I want to wear them in October for the KC Marathon, but if I use them for training they will be worn out long before race day.

Anyway, I wore my new Diadora's for the first time while running. They felt fantasic and performed wonderfully! I'm not sure I would wear this pair on long runs unless I used an insert (I normally use arch supports). But, I sure do like them.

I ran my 5.5 mi hill route, but instead of running in mid-day, my schedule was so hectic that I started my run around 10:00 pm. I was tired, but still ran the route in 62:58. Not a great time, but not bad, either. I did a poor job of clock and stride management, as I was not tired when I finished. In retrospect, I could have picked up the pace a bit. Hit the weights heavily today, and did a 3.5 with David last night.

1 comment:

Gawdess said...

I have never even heard of these shoes they sound really nice. I wear arch supports in my shoes too, I did try actual made by orthotic guy orthotics but I find the ones I buy at the drugstore are more comfortable.
Must google these shoes. I will be actively looking for a few more pair quite soon, this upcoming week hopefully.

You are so hardcore! Doing your run at 10pm! and doing it in an hour?! That is almost 9k and hills. I am impressed by your not great time.


Woohoo!

Good stuff.
David sounds like he is in pretty good shape too!

Me? I would have fallen asleep or run into a tree or something.