Friday, March 14, 2008

At least it started well....

Ran my 8.5 mi circuit tonite. A few days ago I ran it in 1:58:00, and today I shaved only 10 seconds off that time. I'm not displeased, though. I incorporated 8 sprint splits and was running ahead of schedule for the first 5+miles. The sprints, however, made me quite tired and I croaked on the hill leading up to my house. Also, I was running late at night after a long day, and I did not eat dinner.

I was really happy with my start. I reached the first landmark at 10:58, which was 12 seconds faster than my last time. I then reached my first leg (2.6 miles) at 33:14, which was 46 seconds faster. By the time I reached the Zoo merge (5.1 miles) I was 2:26 ahead. But after the sprint splits I was quite worn and began to slow. I lost 42 seconds on the 3rd leg of the route, and I lost 1:35 on the run up the hill.

Most importantly, I did become winded, but my lungs didn't hurt so bad and the coughing was manageable. Improvement!

No comments: