Sunday, March 2, 2008

Woo Hoo

I did an 8.5 mi on Saturday. It ended up being an 8.75 because I had to take a couple of detours. I planned a slow, methodical mid-distance jog/walk because my lungs were still hurting and I had a bit of a cough. I walked about 60% and jogged 40%, and finished in 134 minutes. A bit sore afterward, but it went well. The temp was much warmer than I had expected, almost 70F, so I became a bit dehydrated and had to detour off the route to a gas station and buy a gatorade. I detoured through the park, only to find that the drink machines had been removed. The overall detail time was lengthy, so my next effort will show a dramatic time increase, which is a bit deceiving. Temps have all been in the low 30's for a week, and in the low 20's and teens in the preceeding weeks, so today's temp was a shocker. Welcome, but a shocker.

Slow and easy jogging this week because of my lungs. I won't post an official schedule for this week, and will play things by ear.

No comments: