Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Musings of a Running Fat Man

I was reviewing my running logs (again) and comparing this March (so far) to March 2007.

Anyway, today is March 10, and so far this month I have gone 33.2 miles. Last year, I ran only 29.5 miles in the first 18 days of the month! And, by this same date in Mar 2007, I had run only 24.9 miles.

I started the night with a .6 jog walk with David. This was his first run getting ready for his running season. He has 7 or 8 races, with one being a two miler and the rest being one milers. So, we started with a nice jog/walk, and he'll pick up the pace over the next few days.

I then ran an 8.5 mi . Pretty slow, 1:58:00 (118 min), and because it was midnight I walked the .3 miles in front of the zoo because of the well chronicled problems with the path. Otherwise, I jogged the rest of the way. No sprint splits (my lungs wouldn't take it right now), but a solid effort.

No comments: