Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday, Mar 19

Well, it may have felt good on Mar 14 to be back on the paths, but from the 15th - 17th I was miserable. Residuals of my flu, and I guess my body took quite a beating.

Ran 8.5 tonight. Started great, ended poorly. For the first time, I reached the 5.1 mile mark in under an hour (59:33). It took almost 51 minutes, however, to finish the last 3.4 mi. The sun had gone down so I had to walk the stretch along the north side of the zoo because of the uneven asphalt. It took over 6 minutes to walk that stretch, and during the walk my back tightened up. Further, I found it very difficult to start running again, and the running was very hard the rest of the way (I finished over an hour and a half ago and I still have not recovered). I had some papers and tests to finish grading, so I went back to the office so I could sit in my chair and turn on my back massager (it's beating my lower back as I type this). I'm hoping to get out the door around sunrise, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments: