Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wednesday, Feb 28

Ended the month with a bang - ran a 14.63 miler. The time was not great, 3:39:05, as I had hoped to finish in 3:15:00 or better. However, I ran almost this same route last year (.7 miles shorter this time around due to a minor tweak) and completed it in 5:18:08. So, this time around was .7 miles shorter, but I cut 99 minutes and change off the previous time.

I wanted to run a longer mileage today because yet another storm front is moving in, which will relegate me to the treadmill for a few more days (started snowing about 30 minutes ago, and its coming down fairly hard).

The base temp during the run was fairly warm (in the 30's), but the aforementioned storm was moving in and I spent considerable time running into an ugly, cold, and humid head wind.

I started off good and ran the first 5 miles in just over an hour. I then slowed a bit and ran the next four in just under an hour, and had completed a bit over 9 miles when I hit the two hour mark. I then crashed and burned, completing the final approx 5.6 in 1:39, which is slow. I have a 10 miler coming up in the end of March and need to complete it in 2 hrs. So, I still have a bit of work to do. Part of my slowness this time was attributable to me pacing myself for the longer run. Also, at about the six mile mark I realized that I had not eaten any breakfast or lunch, and had only 4 individual ravioli's as a snack about an hour or so before I ran. DUNCE!!! Poor nutrition strikes again!

No comments: