Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Schedule for 10, rained out after 4.

Started a 10 miler on the MOPAC trail, but the weather did not cooperate. Dark clouds billowed in, followed by a very heavy rainfall and lightning. The rainfall was much heavier than it was on Saturday, and I was quickly soaked to the skin. Further, the rain fell so hard that the trail quickly became a mess, so I turned around and headed back.

I wanted to average a 12 minute mile. Completed the first mile in 10:30, which was good. Started raining in the middle of mile 2, so I completed it in just under 13 minutes. I decided to turn around at about 100 yds after the 2 mile point, so I went a total of just over 4 miles. I had to walk the last 1+miles for safety, as I could not wear my glasses and visibility was already poor. We'll try it again tomorrow. The temp was very warm (well over 60) but the rain was very, very cold. Came home to a nice hot shower.

No comments: