Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday, Mar 14

Finally got back on the path today. A bit windy, but otherwise a warm and gorgeous day. I decided to keep it light, so I ran a 4.6 mi. This route followed the first 2.6 miles of my 8.5 mile circuit, but when I reach the Rock Island Trail (the 2.6 mi point) I turned south instead of north and ran 2 mi to a park complex which includes a local YMCA.

The run was bi-polar (of the rapid cycling variety!), but it felt great to be back on the paths. I ran the first mile in 8:51, which is 23 seconds faster than when I last timed that portion of the run. I went into an ugly coughing spree around the 2 mi point that was so bad that I hacked up 3 lungs. Messy business. I didn't stop, but had to walk just over 2 full minutes, and for a few seconds of that time was moving an crawl. Despite losing time, I still reached the trail merge in 28:54, which is 46 seconds faster than my previous personal best on that split (29:40). All I can figure is that the weather was great (over 50 degrees) so my body was moving faster. I started feeling very weak about a quarter mile later, and walked most of the remaining 1.75 ish.

Unfortunately, I do not know my overall time. The City Parks and Recreation mileage chart shows that the trail ends at the park, but there is no marker or any obvious place where the park begins or the trail ends, so I had no idea where to stop my time. My best guess is around 60 min.

Lifted, 520 ab crunches.

1 comment:

Heath Marie said...

GO DADDY GO DADDY GO!!!!!!