Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday, Mar 5

Great weather, so I played hooky after my 2:00 court hearing and ran my 8.5 circuit instead of going back to the office. I have a brief due so I'll have to go back later tonite, but I enjoyed a beautiful run - the temp was up to 42F when I started!

Reversed the course so I didn't have the big uphill at the end. I set a very fast pace (fast for me, anyway) and finished the first 5 miles in just under an hour (58 minutes and change). I was especially pleased by my time because I had been slowed considerably at the Zoo; the entire .42 miles of trail past the Zoo was packed with wet, sloshy snow, which made running very difficult. There was no way around the snow so I had to slug through it, and I lost at least 3-4 minutes and almost fell a couple of times. I completed the last 3.5 miles in 46:08, which is still just over a 4.5 mph pace. Overall time was 1:46:08. I want to get that time under 1:35 before my 10 mile race at the end of the month.

Good weight lifting session (got 235 lbs on the bench but couldn't get 245 lbs up yet. Maybe in 2-3 weeks). Also 520 ab crunches.

No comments: